A new issue of The Edge of the Forest online children’s literature journal is up! Click here to read all the great content, including:
- My article about the Warriors series. I’ve been fortunate enough to be a part of this phenomenon, through hosting several Erin Hunter chats and through my interaction with the fans on my message boards. And yes, I’ve read all twelve books so far!
- An interesting article from Gary Elliott of Lifelongreader about using Mortal Engines as a novel study in teaching English at the International School in Dubai, UAE. The class even created a web site about the book.
- An article about the The Cybils, by Kelly Herold (Big A little a), Allie (Bildungsroman) and Anne Boles Levy (Book Buds).
- An interview with Carrie Jones, author of Tips on Having a Gay (ex)Boyfriend, conducted by Kelly Fineman. It’s a great interview, and Carrie Jones is fascinating and funny. This is totally not the kind of book I would ever read (I’m not fond of teen books about high school) but by the time I finished the interview, I really wanted to read the book!)
- The Sounds From the Forest podcast interviews Rachna Gilmore, author of A Screaming Kind of Day and Lights for Gita.
- Pam Coughlan, aka MotherReader, interviews Grace Lin.
- Kim Winters, Kat’s Eye Journal for Writers, interviews children’s author Lauren Myracle.
All this and more, including great reviews, Best of the Blogs, Kids Picks, and In the Backpack, can be found here.