As you may know, the Winter Blog Blast Tour, organized by the fabulous Colleen Mondor of Chasing Ray, is going on right now throughout the Kidlitosphere. It’s a great lineup of author interviews on a variety of kidlit blogs. I wish that I had the time to read all the interviews, but unfortunately, I don’t, so I’ve been just dipping my toes in and reading the ones that interest me. Here are some of my favorites:
- Leila interviewed Kathleen Duey, author of Skin Hunger. I read Skin Hunger last year for the Cybils, and loved it, but hated the cliffhanger ending. So I was thrilled to read that the sequel, Sacred Scars, is at the copy editor, although we still have to wait until August, 2009 to read it.Read the interview here.
- Colleen Mondor interviewed Martin Millar, author of The Good Fairies of New York, which I reviewed here, and Lonely Werewolf Girl, which I never posted a review of, but loved so much that I nominated it for the Cybils, so I was excited to see that a sequel to it is in the works also! Although I never formally reviewed Lonely Werewolf Girl, I did post some thoughts about it in the Wands and Worlds community.Read the interview here.
- Betsy Bird interviewed Louis Sachar, author of Holes on Fuse #8. Read the interview here.
- Colleen Mondor also interviewed Ellen Datlow, editor of numerous fantastic short story anthologies. I don’t read a lot of short fiction, but I did enjoy her anthology, The Faery Reel.Read the interview here.
- Little Willow interviewed Lisa Ann Sandell, author of several books including the verse novel, Song of the Sparrow, a beautiful reimagining of the story of Elaine, the Lady of Shalott, who supposedly died of a broken heart because of Lancelot. I reviewed Song of the Sparrow last year here.Read the interview here.