Now that the shortlists are posted and the judging committees have started their work, the nominating committee is taking a well-deserved breather to recover and catch up on things we neglected in favor of our Cybils duties. As you would expect, the pace of the Cybils reviews has slowed down, although there were a few reviews last week. I expect that we will continue to see some reviews of Cybils books, as some of us catch up with Cybils books that we wanted to read and review but didn’t get a chance to during the crush of trying to make the deadline. As long as there is anything to post, I will continue to post these weekly wrapups until the big announcement of the winners on February 14th.
The following books have been reviewed by members of the fantasy and science fiction committee in the week between December 31 and January 7:
- A Darkling Plain by Philip Reeve: reviewed by Sheila
- devilish by Maureen Johnson: reviewed by Sheila
- Pucker by Melanie Gideon: reviewed by Sheila
- Samurai by Jason Hightman: reviewed by Sheila
- The Summer King by O.R. Melling: reviewed by Kim
In addition, Gail posted an update to her review of Homefree, by Nina Wright.